Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's Pretty Cool

The trash cans weren't at the street.

One of my boys had brought them back in.

The mail was on the table.

Tonight Jeremiah made dinner. Tomorrow Isaac will.

Those two have changed so much in the last year.

Jeremiah is ALWAYS noticing things that need doing, and does them.

Isaac is starting to come out of his shyness, talking more, starting
conversations.

The boys are becoming self sufficient.

Both of them now do laundry. Though Jeremiah is still shakey on
selecting water temp.

They are happier, more capable and independent.

The issues regarding Jeremiah's lifetime care are a touch complex,
made more so by the fire, are only possible (various sources of
funding) because of the fire.

Isaac is washing dishes without bring asked. Tonight at dinner he
seemed more self confident as he began talking about his classes.

I get worked up over these new challenges in my life, but I see a lot
of progress in myself and my sons.

Last night I turned the alarm off and promised myself I would not get
out of bed until I had slept eight hours. I awoke several times
during the night, and many times early in the morning, but when I went
to work it was after the most sleep I have had in two years.

All in all, I think we are doing great.

Note: Thisentire post has been done on my cell phone. I will be able
to blog on my trip I'm June! Next, including a photo.


Sent from my iPhone

5 comments:

Amrita said...

Great to read how well the boys are coming up and the credit goes to you, nuturing and patient teacher-Dad.

You 'll do well dear brother.

Technology is amazing isn 't it?

I never thought I 's make so many friends from all walks of life from all over the world from right inside my home.

The world seems so much smaller now, like everybody lives in one cyber neighbourhood.

Curious Servant said...

It is very cool.

While tech has allowed folks to scam, and cheat, and be cruel, just like everything else human, there are also people brought in who are kind, thoughtful, generous, prayerful... and friends.

I sometimes mention you in conversation... "My friend Amrita in India told me yesterday..."

The world is smaller. This above post... A little difficult, by a done by tapping on a telephone screen. Wherever we are we can be a community.

That is one of the best parts of being human... the blessing of community.

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear you and the boys are doing so well. Makes me smile.

Erin said...

Yeah! You're finally seeing it! Wooot!!

Keep on. You're doing a great job :)

Marvin said...

Well-spelled, for a cellphone!