Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Brief Update

I've neglected this blog of late. Partly because I have been busy.

So... a little update...


It has been... interesting.

As far as my dad goes... he got back to Thailand, checked into the hospital, had heart surgery, and is now running around Koh Samui again, get his "massages" and living large.

The guy was on death's door a month ago and now he is right back to as crazy as ever.

Personally, my emotions have been swinging to and fro... Isaac had some real problems a couple of weeks ago. He is still having some difficulties. He has lost weight, is having a great deal of trouble keeping food down, or even swallowing. Today Brenda is taking him in for a barium X ray.

I have been working 12 hour days for several weeks. That is partly because my two robotics teams were preparing for a tournament and now that is done.

I've been sketching out (Literally! I have drawn pictures and notes all over two walls in my spare bedroom.) plot elements for a novel.

One clear thing about my life is I'm a doofus and have no idea what I am doing.

But some things have been very good.

I finished a mural created from the lyrics in Christmas songs for a charity CD (raising money for an after school program).


Jeremiah played his drum on "The Little Drummer Boy".


(Yes, that is a question mark I cut into the back of his haircut)

Speaking of being a little odd... I know I have told you I have a very active dream life. I recall my dreams as easily as I recall events in my waking life. I had several dreams last night. The last couple were bizarre but not highly unusual in any other way... but the first one...

The first dream of the night was the most vivid dream I have ever had. It didn't have any real significance... it was primarily the exposition of a story... it would fit well into the first few chapters of a novel. But... the clarity of my senses was amazing.

It was more vivid than my real world life. It was about 12 hours subjective time. I can still clearly recall the smells, tastes, sounds, sights, sense of touch.

I can describe every moment of that half day (it began in the mid afternoon, went through the entire night, and ended about mid morning). The details... the house of carved wood and glass... the feeling of the horse's breath on my neck, the texture of the hair of the man's head I held, the taste of food and beverages, the smell of the cut grass, that it started a light drizzle about 2:30 a.m. in the dream... that before the clouds had rolled in there was a waxing crescent moon and Jupiter and Venus were up... the size, breeds, colors, and texture of the two dogs of the intruder to the grounds in the middle of the night, the smell of the man's skin, the exact descriptions of the two women who played large roles (people I have never met, but I can describe the freckles on the one, their height and weights, hair color, the body shapes...). I can recall every detail of the phone call I received just before dawn, and the buildings in the surrounding neighborhood. I can recall my unspoken thoughts, and the shape of the yards, fences, windows, everything.

I've never had a dream so vivid.

It makes me think a little about the reality of our existence... how I can experience something more real than this life leads one to wonder how real is this existence?

The following dreams were absurd and bizarre... and I can recall the details of them as well, but the quality of the subsequent dreams was much the same as the experiences I have had this morning since my shower and coffee.

Jeremiah is spending Saturday night with me... He really wants as much of a traditional Christmas as possible, but frankly, I just don't seem interested in decorating the house. Yesterday was the 17th anniversary of Willy's death.

Brenda called the other day. Apparently Isaac told her I have been a bit blue. I found her sympathy irritating.

I wish I was writing more on the blog...

But... there's a quick update.

7 comments:

Gigi said...

keep writing

Marvin said...

I'm glad you're busy! I hope Isaac feels better.

Anonymous said...

(waves) glad you're still out there.

Amrita said...

Glad your Dad is "up and running"

Pay Issac gets over what is troubling him.

Jeremiah looks neat with his drum.

Take care.

Erin said...

Of course you're missed when you're not here. But the quiet spells usually mean that things are well, that you don't need to process in this way. And who among us would not wish things to be well for you?!

Silence speaks too. :)

Peace

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i thinik i've read some of this before?! artless