Friday, August 26, 2011

A Day in a Life


Being a dad is pretty cool. How cool? Very. Especially if you have the great fortune to be the parent of the most wonderful baby in the world. Here are some snapshots of this little miracle so the rest of the world can share in this blessing.

#1: Food is good. Food is a very, very good thing.

#2: Sleep is good. Sleep is very very good. OK, maybe this isn't #2, but I figured I'd skip #2 even though #2 is a BIG part of his day.

#3: Daddy time is a good thing. Especially for Daddy.

#4: Daddy has other wonderful things in his life.

#5: Bed time. I love singing to him, dancing with him, loving on him. Last night, during this pic, I sang...

Close your eyes,
Have no fear,
The monsters gone,
He's on the run and your daddy's here,

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,

Before you go to sleep,
Say a little prayer,
Every day in every way,
It's getting better and better,

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy...

It rained a little last night. Distant thunder. I woke a few times, fed my son. Even did a little house work at 1:30. And when he began to fuss at 5:30, I had the privilege of sharing with him the morning air, fresh from the night showers. He ate breakfast on the back deck, feeling the breeze on his face, hearing the rustle of leaves...


Momma thinks I'm crazy, and threatens to take pictures of me tearing around the house with the dog in my shorts. Little does she know that such a threat doesn't bother me! HA!

"Honey Bunny.... Don't you dare! You're in big trouble mister!"
But she can't resist my silliness...
So.... after getting some coffee into her I talk her into going to the park... 6:00 a.m. is a wonderful part of the day!


See?! Very enjoyable!

Now for some breakfast!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, my friend, what blessings have come upon you! I hadn't checked in on your blog in a while, and lo and behold you were on my mind, and I find your blog again, and HOLY BLESSING SHOWER!
Your son is a lovely miraculous thing, and so appears your lovely lady. You are happy again, and I am happy for you, and I give thanks to God that on this journey, at this time, and in this place, you rest comfortably in His hands, enjoying the blessings He has poured out so liberally upon you.

I can't tell you how pleased this makes me....(happy sniffles)
:)))))))

Fox's Mom said...

I was clearing up the bookmarks this morning (UK time:) and came across this one. Clicked to find things are Beautiful. So happy for you! The three of you look VERY happy and peaceful:):):)

I used to sing that one to my son so long ago, 29 years ago to be exact. We're no longer estranged, thanks to God:)

Take care, CS, glad to see you all!