Friday, June 12, 2009

Almost Time

It's the last day of school... and I will soon be on a plane headed to Thailand.

The last several years I've had so many experiences that so deeply affected my life...

Now I embark on a new adventure, a new chapter in my life.

I will try to find my way to internet cafes and such to blog a little...

What I'd really like to say today is that I love each of you for all your kind words of encouragement, your prayers, even gifts. I'd like to bring each of you a thank you gift from Thailand, but that's a little impractical.

I am concerned about my boys while I am gone. Jeremiah emailed me last night, after spending the evening with us. He said he had cried last night, that he already misses me, is afraid he won't see Isaac so much...

Life... Ups and downs... it will continue to be that.

As most of you know... I've a gal in my life I'm dating. It's strange to leave for such an extended period when we are still so new to each other, but I think it will give us both time to reflect on this. I am being much more circumspect about her than I have about other aspects of my life.

But, I can say this... her faith is important to her, we are having many open, frank, honest and gentle conversations. She is very good for me.

At any rate... I'm off for Thailand, and I will check in as often as I can.

I love you all!

6 comments:

Erin said...

:) It's about time you had some joy!

Anonymous said...

enjoy your trip - you may never have this experience again so concentrate on your trip...life in canby will take of itself just fine!!!!!

Amrita said...

Have a good vacation. Keep in touch.

Unknown said...

My dear brother Will ~

Congratulations to Isaac! Congratulations to you! I am thrilled you have found someone who sees and appreciates you for you.

I hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy time with your father.

As I pray for you and the boys, I ask that you say a little prayer for my Julie as she prepares for a double surgery. I know she will be fine. Your prayers always bring comfort and make me feel strong.

I love you and hug you tightly from 3000 miles away:-)

Justin

Anonymous said...

Enjoy yourself, and please send pics from Thailand!

jel said...

have fun , be safe, and don't take any wooden nickels! :)