Monday, June 15, 2009

Bangkok

Notre Dame, Paris I slipped away from the tourists and joined the worshippers in Notre Dame in Paris. Prayer and communion in a spaced of filtered colored light shining down from centuries ago.

escargot

soy cowboy... nightlife around the corner. Not my thing, but I showed a bartender how to fix various drinks with bolended whiskey. He thanked me. I told him "Mypen lye!" (No big deal!)

Amid strange smells, beauactiful high rises and huts in squalor are the most interestng people, smells, sights and sounds. Across the street young women gesture with friendly grins, inviting me in for a "Thai massage".

I saw a man dart into the street and pick up a coin, worth about 12 cents, and catch up to the motocylist who had dropped it.
The people are very kind, and this is quite the adventure... we're going to go down to the docks and hire a boat to look at the city from the water perspective.
I'm exchanging regular emails with my kids...
Talk to you soon!
Love... The Curious (extremely) Servant (AKA Will... as opposed to Won't).




This morning I a street vendor tried to convince me to eat grubs, four inch beetles, and fried crickets for breakfast. Maybe another time.




I did have escargot in France yesterday. I orders a double order (12 instead of six), and liked it well enough to order 12 more.















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying following your journey ...looking forward to more.

Amrita said...

Good to see thi sWill.

Paris and now Bangkok. Wow.

I wonder what escargots are?

Anonymous said...

well if you can eat escargots there when you come home come and graze in my yard!!! love hearing about your journey.

c