Thursday, July 9, 2009

Photo/Video Update

Tomorrow is my last day on Koh Samuii. Saturday morn I fly back to Bangkok, where I'll spend two nights. Then Monday morning I'm on a plane to Paris, then Washington D.C., then Atlanta, and then Los Angelos. From there I'll drive home with an old buddy, stopping to see the sights along the way north.

I miss home very much. I especially miss my sons and a friend or two in particular... but I also simply miss my church, my bed, my home.

Jeremiah says he is having trouble sleeping, and I know he is anxious. I need to be there.

Toiday was a lot of fun, and here are some of the sights from today.



I went with Dad on another motorcycle ride around the higher peaks of the island. Very beautiful.


"Hellooooooo Daaaahling! You want some gasoline and a shake?"

I stopped by again today and had Paline create a shake of mixed Thai fruits.

"Well... Dahling... I just bought all I need to do haircutting. You want to be my first customer? You bring me luck! I do good job. Make you look young and handsome! Trim you hair. Trim you beard, Dahling. You pay whatever you like Dahling!"

So I got a haircut. What do you think? Am I now young and handsome?


Thai Turtle

Ants
Spotted these guys in the forest. Not that this isn't a two way trek of ants gathering food. They are all travelling in the same direction, and this is the end of the line. Some are carrying things, others aren't. They disappeared into the bush in a very determined fashion.




Tiger
The tiger show was pretty amazing. I can certainly appreciate this fellow's nervousness!



Hornbill
This guy flew back and forth so many time right between Dad and I. Each time he passed we both felt his feathers. were cooled by his wind.


Otters are just plain cute!

As this trip draws to a close I have so many mixed feelings, wonderful experiences... I've seen beauty and kindness and good and evil and just too much to describe quickly...

This was today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics Will!!!

Looks like this is exactly what you needed. Your smile looks more relaxed than I've seen before!!!

Anonymous said...

miss you shs. here in los angeles for a week. you'll be home in 10 days or so if you stay to your schedule. be safe, artless

Amrita said...

Nice videos of the animal shows , reminds me of the circus.

I don 't know why, when I was younger I used to enjoy seeing animals performing but now I don 't except for the dolphins.The tiger guy has to be very courageous and sure of himself.The cats should not smell any fear in him.

Sleeping alne must be hard for Jer.And was Issac all alone in the house too?

Once you are back everything will be fine.

You had an exotic and (maybe I should say) self discovering journey into the eastern hemisphere. A side of humanity you have not experienced before. And I am sure you made an impact on some people whose lives you touched.
This foray into adventurous Thailand shall remain with you always.

Marvin said...

Nice haircut! I'm glad you've had fun! I hope your trip home is going well.

Ann said...

ok ... i'm coming in really late ... my computer died right before the move and been pulling things up on a different computer while caring for sick family, moving, and blending! but wow! how beautiful! and can't believe your trip has already come and gone!