Saturday, August 16, 2008

For Justin

Taking some time for myself. Thinking and praying.

I'm near Astoria, Oregon. Here are some pics.

Queen of the West
This vessel can often be seen cruising up the Columbia and the Willamette to Portland and beyond.

(Wouldn't it be cool if she were really external combustion?)

You can see a large ship in the background. Many ships like to pull in to Portland as the fresh water kills the barnacles clamped on and eating their hulls.


View From my Room Looking Across the Columbia River

Front door

Music Room

Mirrors in front Hall

Kitchen

Astoria-Megler Bridge

6 comments:

HennHouse said...

I had to look up Astoria on the map to see where you were. Praying for you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

God, my God
I cry out
Your beloved needs You now

God be near
Calm his fear
Ease his doubt

Your kindness is what pulls him up
Your love is all that draws him in

He has lifted eyes to the Maker
of the mountains he can't climb
He is lifting eyes to the Calmer
of the oceans raging wild
He is lifting eyes to the Healer
of the hurts he holds inside

He is lifting eyes, lifting eyes to You

For You Are
And You Were
And You WIll Be Forever
The One that we need to save us
So fasten us up, please hold us together, God
Hold us now

Erin said...

Great shots :) I think the one with the mirrors is particularly appropriate.

Praying that you find rest...

Unknown said...

I'm speechless. You are beyond kind my friend. And quite the photographer:-)

I hope you are feeling the peace I see in these photos.

Love you.

Justin

Lucy Stern said...

Beautiful!

Marvin said...

I am running behind in my blog-reading. Thank you for posting these beautiful pix!