Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday.

Sick in bed, Brenda's visit with the boys today bled through sporadically into my dreams, and that delicious state that isn't awake, and isn't asleep.

She want to come over today, fix them breakfast, take them to the movies.

I was to let them sleep in (teens are biological wired to stay up and get up late, and the morning slowly simply bugs me a little). That worked out well because I really need to do the take care of the local Creeping Crud and get better.

Bottom line... I found her cleaning my kitchen anf fixing breakfast.

There's a little line crossing going on there. Talked about it.

Now to the amusing part. Even when she is wrong, and knows she must be right, sometimes she is right.

I admit it. I could be shopping better, feeding the boys better, keeping the house cleaner.

She found ways to politely point out that I have a lot of cheese (she was cleaning the frig [!] and there were two large, unopened bricks of cheese, another opened and half used).

She gave tips to the boys on how they need to wash the counters better.

I got up, started the laundry, cleaned the bathroom, went back to bed.

So the boys are with her today. and I'm watching a Mythbuster fling cards at Jello.

Someone else will cover my class at church.

Bottom line, she's right, I need to get better at nutritional meals (not merely quick) and use the food in the frig before it turns green.

7 comments:

jel said...

hope ya getto feeling better soon

friend !

Curious Servant said...

When they returned she had a pizza for the boys and Panang Seafood for me. I thanked her and told her that it isn't her job to take care of us.

She wants to enjoy her new life guilt free. Being sorry doesn't quite cover it.

Aphra said...

We could ALL do things better. But when you work full time and take care of the boys (another HUGE job) and some cheese goes bad- so what? When you work and take care of family, sometimes you don't have the energy to cover everything!

Amrita said...

Take care Will. Get well soon

rebecca said...

Amen Aphra!

becky

Anonymous said...

When they returned she had a pizza for the boys and Panang Seafood for me. I thanked her and told her that it isn't her job to take care of us.

Now Will - this time a thank you was enuf. She was being kind b/c you were sick. A friend thing hopefully anyone would do and she doesn't do it often.
So, this time a little kindness.....I would have whacked you one or thrown the food at you.

you know i love ya!!!

sister nag

Curious Servant said...

I get what you are saying... and you have a good point, she was trying to be helpful... but there were other lines she was crossing that I didn't post.

She emptied and cleaned the refrigerator.
She scrubbed the floors.
She started the laundry (I finished)
She was doing something outside, not sure what, but I think it was sweeping the walks.
She did the dishes.

I was thanking her for the food. I was also telling her it wasn't her job to take care of us because of the other things.

The point of the post went awry. It began as a good natured poking at myself... that I have to admit I am not doing the best job here... that she has some valid points. I tend to put myself in a positive light and I wish to be honest here. I wanted to point out what she was pointing out... that I can do better.

It was sounding like I was letting her do my housework for me, and I wanted to share I felt uncomfortable with that, even though she was right about many things.

Wasn't my best post.