Friday, February 5, 2010

Another Day...

Back in Isaac's room. He seems to be feeling better this morning. He's not so scared.

The first surgery was January 20th. The cut the muscles at the base of his stomach and while there, removed a pancreatic tumor in his stomach.

On Friday the 22nd the staple at the tumor site had popped and they took him back in for another surgery.

The sent him home a week later, which lasted just until Saturday when his stomach kept filling up and he threw up everything I gave him.

So... Back to the hospital.

I reread the last post. It wasn't the easiest night last night.

Quite a scare.

I know the post sounds like I am being mean to Brenda. I'm not. I'm polite. I listen. I simply ignore her manipulations. That is what they are, manipulations.

She seems to have stopped trying to get back together with me, I'm not buying it anymore. I don't even need to remind myself that she has had two affairs, and that through the last one she left six times to go back to her boyfriend, and each time, I let her return.

That is done. I don't like to see her hurting, I am free with hugs, but no longer with her. She uses them as a wedge to pry things open for her purposes.

She was happier when I was miserable. Now that I am moving on, she wishes to drag me back. I'll remain polite, and focus on caring for my son.

So, Isaac is watching Spongebob, Brenda is out having a cigarette, and I am trying to wake up. (The back seat of that Ford Mustang isn't the best bed.)

I sure hope the doc shows soon so I can ask some questions about his prognosis.

3 comments:

Ann said...

you weren't being cold ... you were being real, human, and responsible for yourself ... that's all GOOD!!!

Erin said...

Thanks for the news. Still praying here.

Amrita said...

don 't let Brenda manipulate you anymore.