Friday, May 15, 2009

Spring!

Do you feel it?

It is so sweet. Spring in Oregon.

The occasional showery storm passes once a week or so, and throughout the valley Spring leaps from soil and air.

I feel a little like that.

Jeremiah is having a little trouble adjusting to living in a group home. Naturally. I talk on the phone with him each day if I don’t see him in person. It is getting easier. He is looking forward to going to church on Sunday, having lunch with us, and watching a movie together.

Isaac is also having a little trouble adjusting, but he is growing as rapidly as the stalks of corn in my garden. He is eager to learn, though he is having difficulty in the areas typical of young males.

I’ve been having a little trouble adjusting, but... I feel the sense of freshness to my life... of... Spring.

I asked someone to go out with me this week. Just a movie and dinner.

It was the first time in nearly three decades I have asked someone, of the other gender, to go out.

Makes me feel a bit like a kid.

Except I’m not so infatuated with possibilities now as I was then. There’s a big difference between 24 and 53.

I’m looking forward to a relaxed evening with an adult. Some good conversation. Perhaps a friend. Who knows? It doesn’t matter.

What matters is I asked. That I have gotten to the place where I can think beyond my marriage. Beyond the stress.

For the first time in a long time, I won’t be spending the evening worrying about my kids, my marriage, anything.

It’s Spring Time!

8 comments:

Ame said...

:)

awesome ... isn't it :)

Erin said...

:)

I knew it wouldn't take long.

Aphra said...

this post gave me a smile and made me cry (for joy). I am happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow Will - refreshing!!!!!

Unknown said...

I smile all over for you brother:-)

Curious Servant said...

Thanks everyone!

It was a good first step.

We saw Star Trek. It was fun. Dinner was great too.

A good first step.

MimInPDX said...

; )

Amrita said...

Good for you